My guest today is Molly Johnson, otherwise known as The Autism Consultant. She’s here to share some potty training tips and tricks and help us better understand, as well as navigate this toileting journey.
Molly Johnson, The Autism Consultant:
Molly Johnson, the founder of The Autism Consultant, initially worked as an autism classroom teacher. Her experience there sparked a deeper interest in supporting parents dealing with autism.
– Podcast Launch: In 2020, Molly launched “The Autism Consultant Podcast.” This weekly podcast offers practical advice and insights on autism, quickly becoming a favored resource for parents.
– Virtual Consulting Services: Following the podcast’s success, Molly expanded her reach with virtual consulting services. She assists parents globally, focusing on:
- Potty training
- Behavior management
- Increasing independence
– Collaborative Approach: The essence of Molly’s consultancy is the emphasis on collaboration with parents. She believes in the synergy of teamwork between consultants and parents.
– Membership Program: Through The Autism Consultant Membership, Molly fosters a supportive community, encouraging parents to actively engage and collaborate in their autism care journey.
Connect with Molly:
Hosted by Rob Gorski:
Rob Gorski, a devoted single father to three incredible autistic sons, is the Founder and CEO of The Autism Dad, LLC. As a multi-award-winning blogger, podcaster, content creator, and influential social media figure for over a decade, Rob continues to share his family’s journey, providing insights, resources, and support to the autism community.
- Connect with Rob: https://theautismdad.com
- You can find all past episodes anywhere you get your podcasts.
Here are a few options.
How to listen on your favorite app:
Download your favorite app and search for “ The Autism Dad”. Hit the subscribe button to be notified of all new releases. This prevents you from always having to search.
Alternatively, you can visit the official website at https://listen.theautismdad.com. Everything is there as well.
Mentioned in this episode:
Learn More: Hibi Health
Hibi is a FREE app designed to help families manage the care of children with additional needs. It integrates health, education, and social care information in one platform, offering tools for personalized care management and collaborative sharing with family, friends, and professionals. Developed through extensive family collaboration, Hibi aims to reduce the overwhelm and isolation of caregiving. Hibi is FREE. Download on Android and iOS, with more information available at hibi.health.
Learn More: Aceing Autism
ACEing Autism provides tennis programs for children on the autism spectrum aged 5 to 18, focusing on growth, social skills, and physical fitness. Tailored to individual needs with one-on-one volunteer support, the program includes weekend sessions and offers scholarships for accessibility. It aims to build confidence and social connections, with extended support available beyond age 18. More information can be found at https://aceingautism.org.
Learn More: All Things Action
All Things Action was founded by Matt and his autistic son Noah, is more than just a Marvel-themed store; it’s a meaningful project that has helped Noah develop life skills, drawing inspiration from Marvel superheroes like Spider-man and Captain America. The store not only offers a wide range of officially licensed Marvel merchandise, appealing to both casual and dedicated fans, but it also serves as a learning platform for Noah to gain business skills for independence. To celebrate their Grand Opening, https://AllThingsAction.com is offering a 10% discount storewide, with an additional 10% off using the code “theautismdad” at checkout.