Sensory eating is something so many autism families struggle with on a daily basis, mine included. My guest this week is Brittyn Coleman, aka The Autism Dietitian. Brittyn is one of only a handful of dietitians across the country specializing in autistic kids. She’s here to help us better understand what sensory eating is and how it differs from picky eating. We also talk about how we can help ensure proper nutrition in our kids, and expand their menus in creative ways.
About Brittyn Coleman:
Brittyn grew up with an autistic brother. She majored in Nutritional Sciences and became a board certified Registered Dietitian and went on to obtain her Master of Science in Nutritional Sciences and specialize in autism spectrum disorders. Her master’s thesis was a study connecting food aversions and nutrient intake in kids with ASD. Before starting her private practice, she worked in interdisciplinary clinics and centers for kids with a wide variety of developmental disabilities, but her heart always stayed with ASD.
- Master of Science (MS) in Nutritional Sciences; University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Nutritional Sciences; University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and related Disabilities (LEND) Fellow
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Certified LEAP Therapist (CLT) by Oxford Biomedical Technologies
- Licensed Dietitian (LD)
Connect with Brittyn Coleman
About Rob Gorski and The Autism Dad podcast:
Rob Gorski is a single Dad to three amazing autistic boys and Found and CEO of The Autism Dad, LLC. Multiple award-winning blogger, podcaster, content creator, social media influencer, and respected public figure for well over a decade.
Connect with Rob Gorski: https://listen.theautismdad.com.